USD 333 Board of Education Approves Principal for Grades 5 through 8
During the Monday, February 12th USD 333 Board of Education meeting, the board approved a two-year contract hiring Larry Myers as an Assistant Principal for grades 5 through 8. Myers will also be the Junior High Athletic Director. The board also approved administrator contracts with Quentin Breese, Derek Holmes, Krystal Breese, Brandon Rice and Bryce Wachs through the 2019-2020 academic years.
Several certified staff retirements, resignations, new hires and transfers were accepted by the board. They are as follows. The retirements of Audrey Pingel and Jean Kelley. The resignation of Debra Tillinghast.The new hires accepted are:
- -Jill Hummel - 3rd Grade Teacher
- -Margaret Clark - 4th Grade Teacher
- -Kelsey Abitz - .5 FTE Counselor @CES (Pending State Licensure)
- -Jacqueline Nutsch - 6th Grade Teacher
- -Kaylee Mosher - 6th Grade Social Studies
- -Brandt Hutchinson transferred to 5-6 Grade Counselor, Career Exploration
- -Tricia Koester transferred to 5th Grade Teacher
- -JoDee Rothfuss transferred to 5th Grade Teacher
- -Gene Rundus transferred to CJSHS At Risk Teacher
- -Beth Gross transferred to Title Reading at CES
- -Emily Erkenbrack transferred to 1st Grade Teacher
Superintendent Breese shared with the board an updated list of prioritized staffing needs. It is the hope of Superintendent Breese to fill positions that will provide services that are needed for the district. Breese wants to provide the necessary services to help students succeed in the district and provide needed support as well.
The board approved the 2018-2019 District Calendar during the meeting. The board also received the KSDE Audit Results. This particular audit reviews documentation including transportation, food service, mileage reimbursement and more. The district had a clean audit.
The USD 333 Board of Education went into Executive Session for non-elected personnel for 37 minutes.