Clay Center - Women in Agriculture Educational Series
The Women in Agriculture educational series is open to all ladies involved in agriculture in any way. The program is designed to provide information and training on a wide variety of farm management topics – which are catered directly to farm women. Participants are provided a comfortable environment where they feel free to ask questions and learn critical skills. Women with any level of experience in farm management or with any degree of farm involvement are invited to attend; there is something for everyone to learn. You must sign up to attend the entire Series. Sessions will be held on Thursdays, beginning February 13th, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm at PrairieLand Partners Meeting Room (1181 18th Rd. Clay Center, KS). Topics include:
· Session 1- February 13th: What type of gal are you? (personality profile), Telling Your Ag Story
· Session 2- February 20th: Risk Management, EPD Basics, Livestock Photography
· Session 3- February 27th: Global Ag Economy, Crop Insurance, FSA Programs
· Session 4- March 5th: Quick Books for Farm Record-keeping, Working with your Lender
· Session 5- March 12th: Beef Nutrition, Sheep & Goat Basics
· Session 6- March 19th: Precision Ag/Cover Crops, Marketing/Risk Management, Horticulture Production
· Session 7- March 26th: Developing Equitable Leases, Farm Succession
The last session will also be open for family members of participants to attend at no additional cost. Registration for the Series will continue until a maximum of 25 participants is reached. You must register to reserve your seat. Please contact any River Valley Extension District office for more information or to register. The Clay Center office can be reached at 785-632-5335.
Sponsors to make this educational series possible include: K-State Research and Extension, Citizens National Bank, AgMark LLC, Kansas Crossroads RC&D, Clay County Farm Bureau, PrairieLand Partners, Farm Bureau Financial Services, Polansky Seed, Union State Bank, Wilbur Ellis, Key Feeds, Salava Vet Clinic, Nutrien Ag Solutions, United Bank & Trust, Gavel Roads Online Auctions, Gene Francis & Associates, GNBank, and Crop Protection Agency. A special thank you goes out to the organizing committee of Rebecca Frerking, Hayley Bulk, Jericho Hammond, Pam Knitter, Katelyn Durst, and Kelsey Hatesohl.