These are the rules governing all contests aired on KNCK and on the ncktoday.com website.
In the following rules, "KNCK." means KNCK, Inc., dba KNCK, K252ey and KNCK-FM:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any KNCK contest.
2. Some KNCK contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on KNCK during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest unless exceptions are noted for specific contests. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the KNCK studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a KNCK contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. KNCK reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the KNCK studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KNCK delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KCNK awarding the prize to the winner. KNCK shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KNCK shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All KNCK contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KNCK that will be presented to KNCK and accepted before the prize is awarded.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the KNCK studios, 1390 East 11th Street, Concordia, KS 66901 between 8am - 5pm, Monday through Thursday, 8am - 4:30pm Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void were prohibited.
11. KNCK reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. KNCK and KNCK assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. KNCK their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. Employees of KNCK and its parent company KNCK AND KNCK-FM, INC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the station are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian
14. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, KNCK reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of 1390 East 11th Street, Concordia, KS 66901 management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. a. Upon cancellation of an event, or closing of a business beyond station’s control, to which a listener has been awarded a prize, station is not responsible for the issuance of a substitute prize or additional compensation
15. KNCK reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judges decision is always final.
16. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (785) 243-1414. The person operating the telephone at KNCK has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
17. KNCK shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
18. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on KNCK: a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified. b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of KNCK, as defined at the exclusive discretion of KNCK management. c. Any problems with the Internet or email are notK NCK’s responsibility.
19. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when KNCK contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as "Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect"), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
20. For contests that KNCK conducts on a regular basis (same time each day, called "benchmark" contests), participants can win only once within a 14 day time period. When conducting specialty and larger contests, participants may be allowed to win a "benchmark" contest and a specialty contest without waiting for the 14 day time period to expire.
21. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the KNCK studios, 1390 East 11th Street, Concordia, KS 66901